JellyPages.com

4.27.2010

Inspiration-Knit & Crochet Blog Week Day 2

Today we are suppose to talk about a pattern or project which we aspire to. There are a couple of them for me the first one is the Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole. The first time I saw this I thought it was gorgeous. Now what is keeping me from making it I for the life of me can not figure out Entrelac. I am sure there are some people reading this & saying its not that hard but for me it is I have tried 3 times to figure out Entrelac & each time I have gotten stuck in the same place. I think its the pattern of the blocks & how its constructed especially when using more then one color yarn that makes this item so interesting.

 The next items  is something that fuels my need to learn to crochet its the Floral Hexagon Afghan from Lion Brand Yarn. Yet again I think it is due to the construction of the afghan with it being hexagonal. I seem to be drawn to items that are of various shapes. I think that was my addiction to why I had to knit a clapotis which is one of the items on my needles as we speak & yelling for me to knit on because I have been neglecting her lately.

There are a lot of other bloggers taking part in this idea this week you can check them out here.

4 comments:

Dayna said...

That stole pattern is beautiful! Entrelac is really tricky for me too, but the finished product looks so impressive.

immidesigns said...

Hey - I am so happy I read your blog - I came across the word entrelac and didn't know what it ment - so after a little google - I have just learnt a fabulous new technique - this is something I will definitely try at some point. It looks awesome - good luck with it !!!

diannadesigns said...

There is an entrelac shawl with my name - Dianna - so I think I'm going to HAVE to knit that someday!

Worsted Knitt said...

Take a look at this little pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/garterlac-dishcloth

it's entrelac in garter stitch. My friend learned entrelac with that, she said it was easier not having to worry about the purls and just concentrate on the construction. Good luck!