JellyPages.com

9.22.2010

Scrapping It & What Now ??

I had the oddest feeling yesterday I was knitting on the shawl I started & was just about to start the lace part then I stopped & decided to scrap it. For the first time since I began knitting I never had this feeling before for some reason after I finished the pain knitting I was like ugh nevermind I didn't want to continue it wasn't the pattern or even the yarn all of a sudden it felt more like I HAD to knit the shawl then I WANTED to knit the shawl. I hope that makes sense to you all. So I yanked it off the needles & the yarn is waiting to be rewound.

I am still however working on the baby blanket & well the sock it hasn't been touched in a few days but hopefully over the next few days it will be. I have the urge to cast on something new but nothing on Ravelry is screaming out knit me. I am sure I will come across something soon but in the mean time I think I will try & finish up my holiday dishcloths. What is everyone else knitting ??

5 comments:

pentalia said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I try to mentally work a project before I buy yarn or a pattern or anything... and I've gotten pretty good at figuring out where I might get derailed. That means don't even start!

Let's see, what am I knitting? I'm working on a new pattern design. It's a men's version of Witch Warmers. Already worked out the armwarmer and legwarmer. Tonight I started the neckwarmer prototype.

Dee said...

Oh no --- knitting ennui has set in. I hate when that happens.

I'm knitting a stockinette sock in Zauberball Crazy. I'm not feeling the love for it, but they are for DH and he seems to like them. :-/

Terri said...

On the needles right now I have a cowl, 2 shawls, a pair of socks, and my Patons blog project.

I often rip stuff out after I have been knitting on it for awhile. Life is short, there is a lot of great stuff to knit, no need to plug away on something you do not love.

Ruby Louise said...

Makes perfect sense to me. I agree that life is too short to knit things that you don't want to knit.

As for my needles, I just finished a pair of socks for me and immediately cast on socks for Boy. Conveniently we had just visited a yarn shop while we were in Portland and I picked up some sock yarn for him. (This is a very good thing or I'd have been knit-less on the drive home.) Elsewhere on the needles, I've got the second sock for another pair of socks waiting for me, the EZ 100th Anniversary Pi shawl is still on about row 8, and Green Cardigan is about six rows shy of having one complete sleeve. I really should start thinking about holiday knitting, as several people have requested socks this year....

AC said...

Totally makes sense to me. It took me a couple of years to figure out that if I don't like something or it just isn't working, it's not worth it to keep knitting. You might find something else that the yarn is perfect for!