JellyPages.com

2.11.2013

Look At That Leg....

I am happy to say I made it past the short row heels on the socks & they look Ok but seriously they are still my nemesis  I get the whole wrap & turn thing heck I even get the picking up the wrap part. I can do short rows like the wind on projects that aren't heels so no clue. The cool thing is there are other heels you can use while doing toe-up or cuff-down socks. I want to try afterthought heels, eye of partridge heel, sweet tomato heel & a heel flap & gusset on toe-up socks.

I really enjoy knitting socks cuff down I have finally gotten to the point where I can pick up the gusset stitches with-out having holes. I knit socks just to knit them. I knit the occasional pair for MK but that is it any others I give away. I would knit them for myself but lets be honest I wouldn't wear them I don't wear things I knit call me crazy its Ok you wouldn't be the first to do so.

I finally came up with a knitting motto for the year Knit It & Get Rid of It. (unless I really can't part with it) Which means after I knit it unless it's made for a certain person or charity I will be finding a home for it. I rather it be used then sitting around collecting dust. Now on to the knitting.

I have made some progress on the socks I am on the leg portion of the left sock. I am really enjoying the pattern & it shows up great with the yarn. I hope to be done with these before the end of the month.  Sadly nothing else has really gotten worked on expect a few rows on a baby hat for a KAL I am in. but I will show you pictures just to give you something to look at.





I have got to get my butt in gear here seriously there is no reason why the hat isn't done, why the shawl is still not being worked on or why hemlock ring is still sitting in the bag on row 10 I think. I need to stop browsing Ravelry because OMG the cable bug is still hanging on & there are some gorgeous cabled hats, scarves & mitts running around. I need to not cast on all the things & work on what I have on the needles. I need to get these socks done before opening day in Baseball I still owe Mk a pair out socks out of some Seattle Mariners colors yarn.




1 comment:

Dee said...

I know what you mean. I loved knitting the shawls I've made, but I hate wearing them. So, I will find someone to gift them to.

Looks like you have some great projects on the needles.